Tuesday, July 19, 2016

It was another beautiful day in P.E.  I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that that does not stand for physical education but for Port Elizabeth!  I am loving the cool mornings and warm afternoons. The town has so many similarities to our area in North Carolina.  It is along the beautiful coast and has the friendliest people.

 Today we went to the Lovelife Centre. This is a youth center that supports and promotes the surrounding community by providing a variety of programs including education, job training, health and fitness.  What I find so inspiring about this place is that the youth are given the leadership roles.  They are truly role models for not only the other young people, but the adults and us (the visitors).  It was very impressive the difference they are making in their communities.  I am excited that we will be able to spend some more time there.



I also saw some great jump roping and Nguni stick-fighting.  Although I didn't try the jump roping,  I was lucky enough to take a turn stick-fighting.




No comments:

Post a Comment